Working for Biomass Research
For future projects we are looking for a
Manager: Organic Fertiliser Valorisation Implementer Project
Deadline: January 12, 2022
Location: The Netherlands
Organization: Biomass Research
Sectors: Organic fertiliser valorisation, biogas, business development, crop production
Job type: Contract, 6 – 9 months
Starting date: As soon as possible
Biomass Research is a research and consulting company from the Netherlands devoted to the development, analysis and evaluation of sustainable production chains in agriculture and the bioeconomy. It is focussing on data collection and analysis, project implementation and policy support.
The Organic Fertiliser Valorisation Implementer (OFVI) project is part of the African Biodigester Component (ABC) Program funded by RVO. ABC aims to enhance the growth and sustainability of the commercial biogas sector in Sub-Saharan Africa. The OFVI project supports bio-digester owners and organic fertiliser companies to increase the valorisation of bio-slurry and compost.
For this project, Biomass Research is the lead of a consortium with two other Dutch partners: an NGO (SNV) and a cooperative that is oriented towards business development (DIBcoop). The OFVI project will be realised in close coordination with Lead Implementers, organisations that are managing other projects in the ABC program. In the OFVI project, the consortium will collaborate with local partners and stakeholders in five countries: Kenya, Uganda, Burkina Faso, Mali, and Niger.
Overview of the position
Biomass Research is looking for a motivated, qualified, result oriented and experienced Project Manager to help setup implementation of the project. The Project Manager will support the project leader (from Biomass Research) in the coordination of project activities by Dutch and local partners. It includes the contracting of local partners in the five target countries, ensuring successful implementation of the project activities and monitoring the realisation of the objectives.
The Project Manager reports to the project leader and will collaborate with consortium partners and local implementing partners, internal staff, consultants and partners. The position is based in The Netherlands, and is likely to include extensive travel.
- Manage relationships with project partners in The Netherlands and target countries, and with RVO (Rijksdienst voor Ondernemend Nederland – Netherlands Enterprise Agency)
- Project management and coordination: planning, daily management, and coordination of project activities to ensure quality program implementation
- People management: lead, manage and motivate the team of advisors of the consortium, partners and local partners to deliver effective development results
- Financial management: manage the project budget ensuring expenditures are in line with the proposal. Report on budget realization and act pro-actively to comply with the budget
- Ensure project output is delivered in time and in an effective way and control quality of work
- Reporting: progress, technical and financial reporting, and donor reporting
- Monitoring and Evaluation
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- MSc in a relevant area of expertise, e.g., agriculture, natural resources management, soil sciences, development studies
- 10+ years relevant working experience, international work experience in a team management position
- Planning and organizational skills and ability to manage concurrent tasks and deadlines
- Strong partner management and financial management skills
- International orientation with a demonstrable interest in global issues surrounding sustainability and development
- Demonstrated work experience in East Africa and/ or Sahel Countries
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to engage participants of different cultures and backgrounds
- Willingness to travel to target countries
- Proven communication and writing skills in English and French
- Candidates should have permission to work in The Netherlands
- A challenging position in a small, dynamic team
- Option to work on an exciting and relevant theme in an international environment
- Competitive salary related to knowledge and experience
- Flexibility in working hours and project implementation
Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before Januari 12, 2022.
Do you want more information?
mail to email@example.com or
call Hans Langeveld +31 (0)6 – 520 58 537